Salesforce.com Personal Edition

Personal Edition is free. Did I miss something? Yes, believe it or not, salesforce.com Personal Edition is free. I somehow missed that fact. But, when I went into job-search mode, as I did recently, I was looking for a free way to track all my job leads, contacts, and opportunities (hereby renamed to "Job Opportunities").

Personal Edition is quite functional. It is very limited in how much data you can store, but other than that, you'll enjoy a lot of the same functionality that you are used to. Missing of course is the ability to have multiple people as users, but what do you expect for free. If you are in a job search, I highly suggest that you get a Personal Edition account and have it manage your job search for you. Just pretend all the Leads are new people you're networking with, and import all your current contacts from Outlook into the system. Convert any Leads that have job openings into Accounts/Contacts and create a new Opportunity to describe the opening. You can even email from within the free account.

No comments:


Small businesses can learn to use email and social marketing - Thought Reach, email marketing and social media for the rest of us.

Get a Simple Web Host. Web hosting from $10/month. The Simple Web Host.com

© Copyright 2008-2012. Confessions of a Salesforce Addict. All Rights Reserved. Protected under state, local, federal, international, intercontinental, global, and interstellar law. And whatever other kind of laws that they have in Hahira, GA because I know they're serious about laws down there.