- Open the Force.com Excel Connector and run a Lead query to export all of your Leads, or all of the ones that meet whatever criteria you are looking for. Be sure to include LeadID as one of your fields.
- Open a new window in Excel by clicking the New icon.
- In a browser, go to salesforce and navigate to the campaign you'd like to use
- In the browser, look at the URL. This contains the CampaignID (screenshot 1)
- Copy the CampaignID out of the URL
- In Excel Connector, run a query to pull the Campaign MemberID, CampaignID, and LeadID (where your criteria are also met (screenshot 2). This should give you just the three columns above with no other data in the columns yet.
- Paste in the CampaignID you copied earlier into the CampaignID column.
- Then go back to your first xls file and copy the list of LeadIDs from there. Paste them into the LeadID column of your second xls.
- After you've pasted in all the LeadIDs, you need to write the word "NEW" in each cell of the column for CampaignMemberID and paste that same CampaignID in the CampaignID column (screenshot 3 shows all of these pasted in)
- Highlight all of the rows with your cursor.
- On the Force.com connector toolbar, select "Insert". This will insert all of the highlighted rows.
- You'll notice that it will replace the word "New" with a value for the new CampaignMemberID of each of the Leads.
- Visit your Campaign in your browser and you'll notice that all of those Leads are now on the Campaign in the "Total Leads" field.